after finishing General Ossrum, I started painting his battlegroup.
Firstly, I decided to paint Ghordson Basher :
This Rhulic heavy ’jack appears to be little more than a mass of armor atop a pair of powerful steam-powered legs. As it rampages across the battlefield it smashes anything caught in its path. This basic design was augmented for battle with the addition of powerful short-range grenade launchers that can annihilate packed soldiers it fails to crush outright.Text from Privateer Press site
Why I chose Basher to my list?
- SPD 5 heavy warjack
- He only costs 9 pts!
- Grand Slam + Follow Up looks amazing
- Flak Field is a nice addition
Synergy with the list :
- Advance Movement from Irregulars theme. If you start and if Ossrum will cast Energizer, Basher will end his “run” 24 inches from your table edge!
- Energizer can help Basher with finding better slam angles or just add +2 to slam/charge threat range.
- Under Ossrum’s FEAT, Basher has 22 ARM. It makes him difficult to “remove” from scenario. Also, FEAT + Energizer = 13,5″ slam threat range, which is amazing.
- Unstoppable Force (Bulldoze) and slamming is a very nice movement combination.
In my opinion, it is a very good choice for 9 pts.
Basher can operate freely even outside of the Ossrum’s control range (slam for free).
I decided to add two Bashers to my list, which now, looks like this :
Mercenary Army – 0 / 75 points
[Theme] The Irregulars
[Ossrum 1] General Ossrum [+28]
Ghordson Basher 
Ghordson Basher